How to Maintain Your Oakville Windows And Doors
Vinyl Oakville windows and doors are significant components in any home. This is because these components are effortless to maintain and also low maintenance. However, if they are not regularly taken care of, the exposure to weather conditions such as snow, rain, and high temperatures can cause some of its parts such as hinges and locks to wear and tear.
We have collected these crucial tips that will help you maintain your Oakville windows and doors made from varying materials. This will increase their durability.
- Yearly Maintenance.
Ensuring timely maintenance for your Oakville windows and doors is a guaranteed way of ensuring your elements keep operating smoothly and strong against harsh weather elements. Here are some things you should do yearly:
- Inspect the condition of the weather-stripping between the frame and the sash to make sure it seals well against water and air.
- Check the exterior and interior of your windows finish to know whether they need any repair.
- Remove any debris and dirty by vacuuming before washing the area.
- Remove any dirt in the weep holes. The holes can be cleaned using a soft bottle brush.
- Apply lubricant to trucks and rollers and any other area with friction. If your house is located in a coastal environment that experiences a lot of salt-vapour, you should lubricate the parts at least monthly.
- How to Care for Vinyl Window Frames.
Though the rain cleans most of the dirt on the frames, it is essential to do the following:
- Wash the frames with a mixture of hot water and mild dish soap.
- Rinse the cleaned surface using clean water.
- Clean the tracks and weep holes.
- Inspect the weather-stripping and hardware at least every three to four months.
- How to Care for Aluminium Windows.
The durability of aluminium Oakville windows and doors is mostly affected by dust and moisture that accumulates on its surface. Here are a few aspects you should do:
- Use warm water, mild detergent, and a soft brush to clean the aluminium frames after every four months.
- Rinse the cleaned frames with clean water.
- Open the drain holes to the connected outer frame to allow any excess moisture to flow away.
- Vacuum the windows Oakville to keep them dust free.
- How to Clean Glasses.
Remember that you shouldn’t wash glasses in direct sunlight. So, do this on a cloudy day:
- Use a mixture of luke water and shampoo or mild dish soap.
- Then rinse the window glass with clean water and wipe the glass using a soft cloth to remove all water spots.
- Taking Care for Timber Doors.
To maintain your windows, follow these steps:
- Re-paint them after every 12 months.
- Clean the locks, door hinges and handless. Tighten and lubricate them regularly.